March 21, 2014

Nowruz Cookies

I was dying for an excuse to use my Iran Cookie Cutter I purchased via Golreezan for a while. To get into the Nowruz spirit I baked Iran shaped sugar cookies!




The Sugar Cookie recipe is the delicious recipe via Corilynn Blog

Sugar Cookie Recipe 

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups flour
  1. Cream butter and sugar in large mixing bowl 
  2. Blend in eggs and vanilla
  3. Add dry ingredients and mix well
  4. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour before rolling out
  5. Flour surface, roll out to 1/2 inch thick and cut
  6. Bake at 375 for 6-9 minutes.
To decorate the cookies I used white color royal icing and Duff Cake Graffiti.


Final product!


What yummy treats are you baking for Nowruz?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2016 A Day in the Lalz | design + development by kelly christine studio