July 29, 2014

Summer Corn


Summer is al about BBQs and outdoor fun! One of my favorite summer dishes is BBQ corn! I love it! When I "lived" in Hawaii for three weeks I became straight up addicted to corn. Ever since I came back I have been trying to find a way to emulate BBQ corn but the oven version. Sometimes its just too hard to start up the whole grill for some corn. After interesting and trying a few things I finally constructed a great recipe! This recipe was approved by my bro and cousin - they practically inhaled it. 
Ingredients:
  • Trader Joe's Fresh Corn (4 in a pack)
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Unsalted Butter
  • Chopped Chives (fresh or dried) or Paprika
  • Parmesan Cheese 
Instrcutions
  1. Put oven on 350 F
  2. Place aluminum foil in 13x9 pan (I use a cake pan)
  3. Cute corn in half and place all 8 pieces in the pan
  4. Sprinkle salt and pepper as desired. 
  5. Either sprinkle chopped chives or paprika - depends to your taste like. I prefer it spicy however my family likes it with chives.
  6. Line up the corn in the pan and thinly slice the butter and place on top and in between the corn.
  7. Put the corn in the oven - after about twenty minutes flip the corn around and add some more slices of butter.
  8. Once the corn becomes golden and starts to sizzle you take it out of the oven.
  9. Immediately after sprinkle and cover the corn with parmesan cheese while it is still in the pan.
  10. Place the corn in a serving dish and enjoy!!
It is so easy to make since it can be made in the oven - which means corn year round not just in the summer! Hurray! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2016 A Day in the Lalz | design + development by kelly christine studio