November 23, 2017

THANKFUL


Happy Thanksgiving!! In the spirit of this holiday I wanted to take a moment and to reflect and share a few things I am grateful for.

1. My Health
I'm always grateful and count my blessings for my health. I work in health care and see people of all ages with the rarest illnesses and most unfortunate events. Therefore I am constantly grateful for being healthy and make conscious decisions to stay healthy. In just a few days I will be having bunion surgery and will be out of commission for a few week, nonetheless I am grateful for my overall health because without my health I wouldn't be able to do half the things I do.

2. Family
I adore my family!! At times they drive me insane but there isn't anything I would do for them. I'm super close with them and couldn't imagine living far away from them. My mom moved to Baltimore from Michigan last year and we live together in a cute - yet small - 2 bedroom apartment in the city.  It was a huge adjustment for the both of us - living with a parent as an adult is a completely different experience. But I wouldn't have it any other way!! I love living with my mom and her dog and feel that we have become even closer over the past year. My sister and her husband also live in the same apartment building therefore I get to see them almost everyday!! My little brother lives in NYC - which is why I take weekend trips to the city often. We are a tight-knit family especially since my dad passed away 12 years ago. In just a few short months I can't wait for our family to expand and meet my little nephew in the new year!

3. My Job
I LOVE my 9-5 job and my after hours blog job. I am beyond grateful for all the readers and followers that have been on this journey with me since 2012. I started my blog back in the day when blogs were just starting out and people rolled their eyes at bloggers. I never imagined to continue blogging on this level five years later! I adore all the messages I receive from my readers and engaging with you all - it always outweighs the negative messages and comments. I'm grateful for the amazing opportunities this blog has brought me and can't wait to see what the future brings.

4. Quality over Quantity
This has been my mantra in every aspect of my life. I truly believe in quality over quantity is the key to my happiness. Whether it be people or my closet I rather have a few good friends then a room full of people. The one advice I give to people is surround yourself with people that love you for who you are, inspire, challenge, and support you in any way. As an adult I really cherish investing in real friendships as opposed to being a part of the "in crowd" and having many acquaintance. True friendships will last a lifetime no matter what.

5. Embracing my Introverted Side
As a blogger everyone thinks I am social and love going to events and meeting new people. To be honest I am half introverted and half extroverted! In the beginning I always felt I had to live up to an expectation of being a the bubbly, social, life of the party person. Don't get me wrong - I am that person but it takes a minute for me to open up. Over the past year I have made a conscious effort to only attend events and go places that I am truly comfortable and want to attend. I no longer go places just to please someone or because everyone else is going. In reality I rather stay home on a Friday night and cuddle on the couch with my dog or hangout with my family. There is nothing wrong with being an introvert and taking some me time!

What are you grateful for???

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2016 A Day in the Lalz | design + development by kelly christine studio