February 23, 2015

Florida Keys | Day 1

A few weeks ago my sister, mom, friend, and I escaped the bitter cold and took a quick girls trip to the Florida Keys! This was my first time traveling to the Keys and I was super pumped for our trip. My sister suggested the location for our girls trip and per usual I got to planning a detailed Itinerary for us to spend our three nights and four days there! 
This week I will be sharing all about my travels to the Florida Keys.



















Day 1 Itinerary
  • Landed in Fort Lauderdale
    • We chose to fly into Fort Lauderdale because non-stop tickets were the cheapest to this airport. However you can also fly into Miami Airport as well. 
  • Rental Car
    • I highly recommend renting a convertible for the Florida Keys drive. It was beyond fun driving along the keys with the top down! I read about this tip somewhere on Pinterest and my sister obliged me in renting a Ford Mustang Convertible while we were there.
  • Lunch in Miami at Lemoni Café
    • We had lunch in Miami before driving to the keys. I found Lemoni Cafe on yelp and read a ton of fantastic reviews about it. We ordered a variety of paninis and smoothies for lunch and they were all delicious! The decor of the cafe was very Moroccan-esque and just very quaint and lovely. 
  • Drive to Cheeca Lodge & Spa in Islamorada (Mile Marker 82)
    • My sister found this hotel courtesy of a Condé Nast Traveler article she read. The resort was hands down amazing! I have never stayed at a resort in the US - only in Mexico, Aruba, and Costa Rica - therefore I didn't know what to expect. I was blown away by the grounds, service, and spectacular views at the resort. Our room had a view of the lagoon which was incredible! At night the resort was completely lit up and had gorgeous views of the moon. I was also able to catch the sunrise on the last day with a picture perfect view at the resort boardwalk. 
  • Dinner at Lazy Days Restaurant in Islamorada (Mile Marker 80)
    • All my research of the Florida Keys raved about the Lazy Days Restaurant therefore I made reservations immediately for us to have dinner here on the first night. I requested a table on the beach outside (I highly recommend it). For appetizer we ordered the Baked Brie - which was divine! I researched the menu beforehand and read all these reviews on the Baked Brie therefore I knew I was going to have to order it. For dinner we had the Billings Salad and 
  • Moonlight stroll at Cheeca Lodge & Spa
    • At night we explore the grounds of the resort and walked along the beach in the moonlight. Lots of fun!

Check back tomorrow as I will be sharing all the details of my trip to the Florida Keys this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2016 A Day in the Lalz | design + development by kelly christine studio