February 25, 2015

Florida Keys | Day 3




































Day 3 Itinerary
  • Lunch at No Name Pub in Big Pine Key
    • This place serves food on paper plates, hangs dollar bills from the ceiling, and have the most delicious pizza! It's such a quirky pit stop joint which is right up my alley.
  • Key Lime Pie at Kermit's Key West Key Lime Shoppe
    • The first thing we did when we arrived in Key West was get a slice of Key Lime Pie from Kermit's! I was very delighted to meet Kermit himself at the store. Little did I know he's actually from Maryland! It was such a blast talking to him and tasting all the delicious key lime treats in the shop!
  • Southernmost Point - 90 Mile to Cuba
    • I've been saying my next travel destination is Cuba - so this had to happen.
  • The Ernest Hemingway Home & Museum in Key West
    • This was the one touristy thing we did in Key West - totally worth it. It was great touring the house and the tour guide was extremely knowledgeable and gave little quirky facts about Ernest Hemingway. The only thing I will say is that there are a TON of cats on the property. I'm allergic to cats - so there was a lot of squealing and running on my part that occurred.
  • Sunset at Mallory Square
    • We strolled the streets of Key West and did some shopping. Near sunset we made our way to Mallory Square to get a spot on the boardwalk. 
  • Dinner at Blue Heaven in Key West 
    • For dinner we went to Blue Heaven - there was a bit of a wait - but totally worth it. The outdoor seating, atmosphere, live music was all phenomenal. However the best part was the Key Lime Pie! Blue Heaven tops their Key Lime Pie with meringue. I cannot begin to describe how amazing this pie was. I basically inhaled it! Best.Pie.Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2016 A Day in the Lalz | design + development by kelly christine studio