March 16, 2015

Paper Rosettes Backdrop










After coming across this Buzzfeed article on DIY Photo Backdrops I decided to get all artsy crafty and create my own backdrop for my Haft Seen this year for Nowruz (Persian New Year). 
Nowruz is this Friday {March 20} therefore I'm in full celebration mode this week.

My color scheme for this year's Haft Seen table is gold, turquoise, and white therefore I wanted my photo backdrop to mimic those colors. I started by hanging this beautiful turquoise table cloth my mom had in her stash. I ordered the rosettes from Etsy via Stephs Studio 23. It was such a pleasure working with Stephanie! She was so sweet and took the time to find the right colors I wanted and send me sample images of the colors - she's the best! I used 24 rosettes for this backdrop. I taped the rosettes to white ribbon and hung them strategically and very carefully on the window frame. 

The backdrop goes perfectly with the haft seen table and will be the perfect photo background for all our Nowruz pictures! I'm putting the finishing touches on my Haft Seen and will be sharing photos soon!
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2016 A Day in the Lalz | design + development by kelly christine studio