January 24, 2017

A Day at the Museum

Hirshhorn Yayoi Kusama's "Pumpkin"-National Gallery of Art electric blue Hahn/Cock by Katharina Frisch Rooftop-Yayoi Kusama's "Pumpkin" DC-Washington DC museums-hirshhorn Museum-National Gallery of Art

Hirshhorn Yayoi Kusama's "Pumpkin"-National Gallery of Art electric blue Hahn/Cock by Katharina Frisch Rooftop-Yayoi Kusama's "Pumpkin" DC-Washington DC museums-hirshhorn Museum-National Gallery of Art Hirshhorn Yayoi Kusama's "Pumpkin"-National Gallery of Art electric blue Hahn/Cock by Katharina Frisch Rooftop-Yayoi Kusama's "Pumpkin" DC-Washington DC museums-hirshhorn Museum-National Gallery of Art

Hirshhorn Yayoi Kusama's "Pumpkin"-National Gallery of Art electric blue Hahn/Cock by Katharina Frisch Rooftop-Yayoi Kusama's "Pumpkin" DC-Washington DC museums-hirshhorn Museum-National Gallery of Art

Last week I decided to spend my day off in DC to finally visit the National Gallery of Art. I have been wanting to go for months and planned an impromptu solo museum day. A very helpful museum staff mapped out they highlights in the West Building. I saw the Van Gogh, Monet, Ruben, Manet, Picasso and much more! I made my way to the East Building via Multiverse. In the East Building I was dead set on visiting the Roof Terrace to finally see the electric blue Hahn/Cock by Katharina Frisch on display. The funniest thing was that the rooster and I were totally matching - she stole my look!

Afterwards I stopped by the Hirshhorn museum to check out the infamous Yoyoi Kusama Pumpkin on display in the plaza. I'm counting down the days until the Infinity Mirrors exhibit opens to the public in DC. I'm such a fan of Kusama and over the moon that her exhibition is going to be in DC starting February 23-May 14, 2017! I'm saving exploring the Hirshhorn museum for a later date for this very reason!

I still have many more Smithsonian museums I want to visit in DC. Any recommendations or favorites? Do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2016 A Day in the Lalz | design + development by kelly christine studio