May 4, 2015

Style Spotlight | Julie Lopez Shoes










Blazer: Nordstrom | Top: J. Crew | Jeans: The Limited | Scarf: Haute Hijab | Shoes: c/o Julie Lopez | Bag: Rebecca Minkoff | Sunnies: Ray-Ban | Ring: Pink Peonies Collection | Watch: Michael Kors | Lips: YSL #17

It is no secret that I have a mild shoe obsession. However many of you may not know that I have been blessed with the worst feet ever! I've inherited my family bunions and flat feet which prevent me from buying just any shoe. For work my flats generally consist of Sperry, Sam Edelman, and J. Crew shoes. Heels are a hit or miss - mostly a miss - but I struggle through the pain because I can't pass up a pair of cute shoes. Regardless at the end of the day - mostly after a long work day or school - my feet are not happy. My bunions ache and I can barely walk therefore I count down the minutes to go home and slip into my UGG slippers and put my feet up.

Today I want to shine a style spotlight on Julie Lopez Shoes. I am currently obsessed with these shoes.  I was introduced to the brand and quickly became intrigued because of the design and attention to detail of the shoe for individuals with troubled feet. It comes with a bit of a price tag however I personally think it is totally worth it! Upon receiving these shoes last week I have not stopped wearing them. I legitimately plan my outfits around these shoes because they are extremely comfortable! I have never been this comfortable in a pair of shoes before since my UGG house slippers - which I only wear in the privacy of my home because my little brother judges me.

The four key differentiating elements of Julie Lopez shoes (defined as All Day F-I-T) is the secret ingredient to the comfort and build of the shoe! All Day F-I-T entails: Discreet side slits on the toe area with elastane-backed leather for flexibility / Innovative foot construction to ensure edges and seams are optimally placed / Texon padding in high heel styles to alleviate painful pressure points / A wider toe box to avoid overcrowding and encourage natural positioning. I'm not the only one obsessed with Julie Lopez shoes - Oprah Winfrey is as well -  the shoes featured on the O list last year.

I'm currently wearing the Josie in Raspberry. I went with a fun spring color which has proven to be extremely versatile! I wear it to work, out to run errands, and even for girls night out. They are a fun pop of color and the gold cap toe gives it a classic look. Also the packaging is wonderfully elegant and dreamy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2016 A Day in the Lalz | design + development by kelly christine studio