October 19, 2017

Fall in Ann Arbor


Ann Arbor is home for me. I was born and raised there and it's a place I would move back to instantly if I found the right job. Fall in A2 is one of my favorite seasons, all the pretty red, gold, orange leaves and crisp mornings, is what I live for. My mom planned a quick weekend trip to A2 and my sister and I decided to tag along. I got in a day earlier and had the chance to explore the city and check out a few new spots that were on my list.




Downtown Ann Arbor is one of my favorite places to visit. The University and the city are intertwined and I love walking around and exploring. There is no shortage of fall foliage downtown. A few of my favorite spots are visiting the University of Michigan Law School (aka Law Quad), The Diag, Nicholas Arboretum to name a few. I started my morning off with a delicious latte at Lab Cafe Ann Arbor. I wish this place was around when I was living in A2! It's such a cute spot with delicious drinks and yummy treats (the almond croissant was amazing!) and very IG worthy.




My next stop was Literati bookstore. I bookmarked this place for a while and have been wanting to visit this cute independent bookstore to pick up a few books for my little nephew. The staff is so friendly and they have an array of books. I spent so much time in the children's section picking out books for my nephew. I can't wait to bring him here one day!


For lunch I was eager to try Fred's. I was tempted to get their Avocado Toast but opted for the Ahi Tuna Poke - which was delicious. This spot could easily be a trendy lunch joint in NYC. I definitely will be going back to try the entire menu!

Jacket (old, similar) | Top | Denim | Booties | Bag c/o | Scarf | Sunnies

After a full day of exploring I met up with my high school friends and we had dinner at Melange in downtown Ann Arbor. I was tempted to order the entire left side of the menu but instead I went with their delicious sushi! I wish I had more time to explore my hometown but I'm grateful for the short weekend trip!

If you ever find yourself in A2 and need recommendations feel free to reach out! I have a ton of places to recommend!

|| Outfit Photos by Dane of Dane Hillard Photography ||

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2016 A Day in the Lalz | design + development by kelly christine studio