June 11, 2014

Ireland - Day 1 | Dublin

View from O'Connell Bridge
O'Neills's Bar & Restaurant Suffolk Street
Fish'n'Chips at O'Neills's
O'Neills's Bar & Restaurant Suffolk Street
O'Neills's Bar & Restaurant Suffolk Street
Christ Church Cathedral
Christ Church Cathedral
Christ Church Cathedral
Last week I traveled to Ireland with my family for my cousin's medical school graduation. The trip was part family reunion and part sightseeing and a whole lot of walking! We arrived in Dublin around 11am. After gathering all of our suitcases (typical Americans) we took a taxi to our hotel. We stayed at the Maldron Hotel Smithfield because it was literally adjacent to my cousin's apartment and we wanted to be close. After settling in to the hotel the crew went on a walk to O'Connell Street and O'Connell Bridge. We grabbed lunch at O'Neill's Bar & Restaurant. For my first meal in Dublin I went with the obvious Fish'n'Chips! O'Neill's was a typical Irish bar and was quite lovely. Afterward we walked around the city, took a tour of my cousin's medical school, and visited Christ Church Cathedral. Above are just a few shots from Day 1 in Dublin. Clearly I have way more pictures that I will be posting on Facebook soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2016 A Day in the Lalz | design + development by kelly christine studio