June 12, 2014

Ireland - Day 2 | Dublin














Day 2 in Ireland was spent in Dublin and we had a very busy day! The Itinerary included:

Avoca - If Anthropologie and Alice's Tea Cup had a love child it would be called Avoca. I cannot begin to tell you how charming this place was. It was my Pinterest board come to reality and I wish I lived there. My family and I went there for breakfast - per my cousin's suggestion because he only takes me to fabulous places. Being a group of 11 means we basically got to try everything on the menu and I can safely say everything at Avoca is delicious! 

After the delicious brunch at Avoca we started off sightseeing at Trinity College. We walked around the beautiful campus and made our way to The Old Library and Book of Kells. There is an admission fee for the exhibition. The Book of Kells exhibition does not allow any photography - therefore sadly no photos. However I took a billion photos in The Old Library to make up for it! I sort of felt I was at Hogwarts while at the old library - very cool! After Trinity College we walked through Grafton Street and window shopped for the most part! 

Afterward a quick change and power nap we went to my cousin's graduation ceremony [the whole purpose of my trip to Ireland]. I'm so proud of my cousin for graduating medical school! We got another doctor in the family! Wohooo!

To celebrate my Aunt treated us all to a graduation dinner at Fade St. Social in Dublin. This was a very modern, hip, and trendy restaurant. The food was AMAZING! 

Side note - all these photos were taken by yours truly and none are photo shopped or edited in any way! As they say on Instagram - hashtag no filter! Happy Wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2016 A Day in the Lalz | design + development by kelly christine studio