August 26, 2016

A Summer Weekend in NYC

North River Lobster Company-Travel Blog-NYC-What to do in New York City-Summer In NYC-Fashion Blogger

Last weekend I took a trip to NYC to visit my brother. Last time I was there was in June and I was sure he missed me dearly therefore I decided to pay him a little visit :) 
Saturday we started our day with a family lunch at North River Lobster Company at Pier 81. The New England classic lobster roll is absolutely delicious!

Travel Blog-NYC-What to do in New York City-Summer In NYC-Fashion Blogger-ChaCha Matcha

After lunch my brother had to pop into the office to do some work - which meant I had some downtime to catch up on my Netflix shows! After a few hours we went out to SoHo to Cha Cha Matcha. I was really looking forward to trying the Matcha soft serve however little did I know that they sell out of the matcha soft serve around 3pm. Instead I had a matcha latte which was delicious! My brother on the other hand was not a fan....LOL.

Travel Blog-NYC-What to do in New York City-Summer In NYC-Fashion Blogger-Oculus-World Trade Center

This trip I really wanted to go and visit the Oculus near the World Trade Center. The Westfield Shopping Mall recently opened on August 16 and I was determined to go! The Oculus is architecturally beautiful! We walked around for a while and took it all in.

Travel Blog-NYC-What to do in New York City-Summer In NYC-Fashion Blogger-Oculus-World Trade Center

Travel Blog-NYC-What to do in New York City-Summer In NYC-Fashion Blogger-Oculus-World Trade Center-Sugarfina

We grabbed dinner at Eataly and I visited my all time favorite candy store Sugarfina to stock up on some delicious treats!

Travel Blog-NYC-What to do in New York City-Summer In NYC-Fashion Blogger-Williamsburg-The Bagel Store-Rainbow Bagel-Food in Brooklyn

On Sunday I woke up early to get my favorite Rainbow Bagel and Funfetti Cream Cheese from The Bagel Store. This place is super close to my brother's apartment and we always would stroll in and grab bagels. However Buzzfeed decided to spill the beans and share my favorite spot with the world  causing major lines in the AM! Therefore in order to beat the crowds I go at 7am in my sweats to get my favorite bagel.

Travel Blog-NYC-What to do in New York City-Summer In NYC-Fashion Blogger-Brunch in NYC-The Bluebell Cafe

We had Sunday brunch at The Bluebell Cafe. I really liked this brunch spot! I came across it online randomly and after looking at the delicious menu I was sold by the brioche french toast!

Travel Blog-NYC-What to do in New York City-Summer In NYC-Fashion Blogger-Food-Thai Rolled Ice Cream-10Below Ice Cream-Chinatown

Before leaving NYC I was determined to go to 10Below Ice Cream and get some Thai Rolled Ice Cream. My family was kind enough to oblige and follow me on my food adventure. Best.Thing.Ever.

I'm constantly in NYC visiting my brother and frolicking around town. If you are looking for fun things to do me sure to check my previous blog posts on NYC Street Art, Foodie Spots, and Smorgasburg. I am eagerly waiting for fall to roll around and get back up to NYC for a perfect fall weekend in the city!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2016 A Day in the Lalz | design + development by kelly christine studio