August 25, 2016

Apartment Living Room Reveal








I've been meaning to share my apartment living room on the blog for quite some time now. I've been in this apartment for about a year. It's my first grown-up, I have an adult job and paycheck, apartment therefore it's big deal for me! I thought now that I'm moving it may be a good time to share my place before I pack it all up and move this weekend. Since starting graduate school I have been moving every year, at least twice a year, for the past three years. I wasn't sure where I was going to be therefore I rented fully furnished places in order to be mobile. Thankfully last year I landed a steady gig and was able to commit and get my own place. 

I definitely took my time decorating my place and did not rush into things. All I had when I moved in was the brown swivel lounge chair and TV. It took me four months just to buy a coach! I had a vision for my living room and I took my time gathering the pieces. I have a mix of modern glam style with a touch of traditional. There is only so much one can do in a 700 square foot apartment however one thing that I did want to showcase was all the artwork I purchased from my travels. I also went with a calm and cool color scheme of grey, teal, and white. I really love the color combo and the rug pulled it all together. Browse my room and more inspiration over on Shutterfly’s 100 living room ideas interactive for more living room inspiration.

I'm excited to move into my new place and start the decorating process all over again. I will share more on details on the move and all the exciting changes in a few weeks!!

Sofa || Macy's 

Bench || Macy's

Coffee Table || Ikea {similar}

Lounge Chair || Pier 1 {similar}

Rug || Wayfair

Lamp || Target {similar}

Mirror || Homegoods {similar}

Pillows || Target {Teal, Chevron, Floral}

Throw || Pier 1

Coffee Table Tray || Crate and Barrel

Candles || H&M and Anthropologie







No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2016 A Day in the Lalz | design + development by kelly christine studio