August 9, 2016

Tehran Travel Diaries | Golestan Palace


Every time I travel to Tehran there are a few tourist sites I like to visit and check off my list. This time I was set on visiting Golestan Palace, a lavish place from the Qajar era which happens to be a UNESCO World Heritage Site.



The palace is absolutely stunning! The site is a mix of European and Persian style. Walking through the inside of the palace I was reminded of Palace of Versailles. Photography was not really allowed inside - I was able to snap a few on my phone - but man was it over the top and gorgeous! The tiled walls within the garden were by far my favorite part. Each wall was comprised of a different scene of vibrant tiles. I could have spent hours taking photos in front of each wall!










I was happy to see many non-Persian tourists at the Palace while I was there. It's such a beautiful palace to visit and many Iranians living in Tehran don't visit it as often however I drag my reluctant family to these kinds of sites and they always end up loving it! 
On a logistics note, the easiest and quickest way to get to the Palace is by metro. The palace is right off the "Panzdah-e-Khordad" Line 1 metro stop. 

I highly recommend visiting Golestan Palace when you are in Tehran. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2016 A Day in the Lalz | design + development by kelly christine studio