December 15, 2012

Hawaii Chronicles - Day 9

The highlight of today was the Billabong Pipe Masters. Today Doc was working a 12 hour shift [yikes] therefore I was all by my lonesome self. I was able to do some laundry, clean the apartment, and catch up on some things. The Pipe Masters competition was back on today and I was streaming it online. They were flying through all the heats and quarterfinals began. The sport announcers predicted that the competition was going to end today. Therefore I dropped everything, got in the car, and drove to North Shore hoping to make it to the finals round. 

It took me about 50 minutes to get to North Shore. I barely made it to the finals round but when I got there the winner was being announced. Joel Parkinson of Australia won the Billabong Pipe Masters and subsequently crowned 2012 ASP World Title. I was rooting for Kelly Slater - who made it to the semifinals but lost to Josh Kerr. Joel & Josh made it to the finals and after an intense heat Joel Parkinson won. I stayed for the award ceremony afterward - majority of the spectators left which meant the shortie that I am was able to get very close to the stage and snap some awesome pictures. 








Traffic was awful on the way back from North Shore but it was totally worth it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2016 A Day in the Lalz | design + development by kelly christine studio