September 12, 2014

A Thousand Years of the Persian Book









You  know those days that you don't plan and everything just happens and you end up having a ton of fun? Wednesday was one of those days for me! I ended up at the Library of Congress with a friend who was visiting DC. We were able to check out the exhibition that has been on my list since March but I never found the time to actually go to - A Thousand Years of the Persian Book. This exhibition explores the vast and rich history of Persian literature ranging from science, religion, history, and literature. The pictures are all taken with my iPhone - I could kick myself for not having my DSLR on me that day! Oh well! I had a lovely time and enjoyed it very much!
The exhibit is only going on until September 20! I highly recommend a visit to Library of Congress to check out this exhibit as well as the LOC itself - which is stunning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2016 A Day in the Lalz | design + development by kelly christine studio