April 16, 2015

#tbt B's Birthday Bash












Today is my sister's birthday! Hurray! As much as I would love to gush about her and post embarrassing childhood photos - I know better and slightly fear her. Therefore I'm throwing it back to her awesome 30th birthday bash that I threw her a few years back in Michigan. 
The party was not a surprise - mostly because my sister hates surprises - therefore we comprised. I let her pick the venue and she let me plan out all the detail and not tell her a thing about it! I had a blast planing, she was worried everything would be covered in glitter, in the end the party was a success!

The venue for the party was Vanilla Lounge. We rented out the space for a private party and the owners were extremely kind (even though I was neurotic) and accommodated all of our requests. The delicious cakes and cake pops were made by Jackie of Jackie's Cakes and Edible Creations. She is my go to person for confectionery goodness! I even order from her now that I'm in Maryland - yes she ships! I ordered the party favor tags from Etsy and made them myself - super easy! My favorite party decor item was the 30 picture collage! My sister keeps it hanging in her room to this day. I highly recommend making one for a 30th birthday bash. I printed all the pictures in black & white on regular printing paper, then arranged it on the poster cutouts, and pasted away! The one thing I do recommend is laminating the picture collage in order to protect the pictures and it will last longer.


Happy birthday B! I'm blessed to have you as sister and lucky to call you my bestest friend! You rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2016 A Day in the Lalz | design + development by kelly christine studio